Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover to Rover Zero Pts

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover to Rover Zero Pts
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:20:03 -0600
The thing I see being complained about here is the methods used by one or
two groups to achieve massive scores. The methods more than the massive
scores are the complaints. Are these so-called "lunchbox Rovers" truly
competing against each other?

If there are 40 Rovers in an area, each independent and having spent
countless dozens of hours getting his Rover built and working with his own
time and money, and if they work each other in a contest as well as other
stations, I think the view of them would be different. And come to think of
it, their scores might be pretty close so there is truly competition between
those 40 Rovers in this case.

I wish I had 40 Rovers to work around here. Usually there's maybe 5 and they
are all spread out. Since I'm usually in the middle of a grid square, far
from a grid corner and far from an interstate highway, they don't ever get
too close to me.

It seems what is wanted is a set of rules that make it fair to all rovers.
We don't want to hurt the ones who go out and give QSO's to guys like me.

Also, are any of the people being complained about on this reflector? I
haven't seen anything from them posted here yet.

73, Zack W9SZ