[VHFcontesting] [Fwd: [Mw] Group buy on W1GHZ transverter parts]

To: VHF mailer <vhf@w6yx.Stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] [Fwd: [Mw] Group buy on W1GHZ transverter parts]
From: James French <w8iss@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:02:44 -0400
From: Don AE5K <don@ae5k.us>
To: microwave@echo.valinet.com
Subject: [Mw] Group buy on W1GHZ transverter parts
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:49:24 -0500

Our non-club group, the 4-State Microwave Group (AR-KS-MO-OK) is
currently conducting a "group buy" of parts needed for the W1GHZ simple
and cheap transverters he presented at last fall's MUD and shown on his
web pages.

If anyone on this microwave discussion list might be interested, the
details may be found at http://4smicrowave.ae5k.us/gbuy/index.html
There are only TWO days left before our deadline -- which is this
Saturday, March 21.  We can accept PayPal ONLY at this late date for any
orders and must limit orders to U.S. addresses ONLY.  (In other words,
ignore the part about check/money-order!)

We've structured the ordering procedure so that if a buyer already has
the PCB from Paul W1GHZ, we can supply the remaining parts.  We even
have some of the MiniCircuits mixers and MMICs available separately.
Enough paid orders have been placed so far to obtain some reasonable
discounts with price quantity breaks.

All of this is non-profit, with two of us as volunteers (gluttons for
punishment I guess), and if there are excess funds left over, they'll be
refunded to participants (if total refunds exceed the cost of a lunch
for us volunteers!).

Obviously, real serious microwavers want something better than the
transverters designed by Paul -- but these cheap/simple ones might be
the basis for rover operation or a loan out station to prospective hams
who might be interested in the lower microwave bands.

73,
Don AE5K

Reference URL: http://www.w1ghz.org/MBT/multiband.htm
Group buy URL: http://4smicrowave.ae5k.us/gbuy/index.html