[VHFcontesting] Please, say it ain't so [was:Think about this a bit....]

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Please, say it ain't so [was:Think about this a bit....]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:09:30 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Mike (KA5CVH) Urich <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
> Truthfully,
>
> The contacts made from contests are used to prove to the
> FCC that we actually use the bands, thus my comment on
> 222 earlier this week.

Mike, I really wished you hadn't said that.  I've heard that from many sources,
and that scares me.

I receive ARRL mailings asking me to contribute to the spectrum defense fund.

I see ARRL rules changes that either outright legislate (L/Rover) or strongly
encourage (L/MO) operation on only the bottom 4 VHF bands.

This is just nuts, if true.

Ev, W2EV