Re: [VHFcontesting] Please, say it ain't so [was:Think about this a bit

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Please, say it ain't so [was:Think about this a bit....]
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:23:15 -0500
I just think the ARRL is trying to make everyone happy all the time and it
ain't gonna work.

People complain that they feel excluded because they have no chances of
winning one category, so ARRL creates a category where they might have a
chance. Then someone else complains because they feel that's discouraging
operation on all bands. I suppose if a fix for that is suggested, someone
else will complain about it too.

All I'm going to do is get on and operate. I'll be Single-Op Portable
(QRP) in June with all bands from 6m thru 10 GHz. I hope to make a few QSO's
and hope not to get hit by lightning or a windmill generator knocked down by
a tornado. I hope a few Rovers are out and about to give me a few QSO's
too. That's all I ask for.

73, Zack W9SZ