Re: [VHFcontesting] a new Strategy for home and club stations

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] a new Strategy for home and club stations
From: "Chet, N8RA" <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 16:31:43 -0400
99% of us do not deliberately do things that violate rules, ethics, etc.
A lot of us will try hard to win (whatever "win" means in our own minds).

But remember we can all do our part to keep the sport clean.
Whenever you observe a rule violation, for examples:
excessively wide signal,
CQing on more than one band simultaneously as a single op,
someone spotting himself on packet,
violating chat-rooms,
etc.
Then I suggest you mention it to that person (try doing it privately and in
a friendly way).
Oft the person was not aware it was a no-no or frowned upon and will adjust.

Peer presence does work.

If the person later persists in the practice, document what you know and
send it in to the contest sponsor- they will judge what to do with it.

73, and hope to work a lot of you in the June 'test.

Chet, N8RA, FN31