Re: [VHFcontesting] a new Strategy for home and club stations

To: Jim Smith <w0eea@sbbco.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] a new Strategy for home and club stations
From: James French <w8iss@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 08:10:00 -0400
I do have a newer GPS now and the cellphone is never used a lot since I
don't carry it with me unless I need it plus that means the battery is
usually dead unless I have it plugged into the cig lighter. I don't
have a need for a cellphone but the wife thought I needed one for her to
get ahold of me when she wanted to...<L>

What happens when you forget to charge the cellphone and forget the car
charger for the GPS and phone?

I am asking this question because I have submitted logs in the past and
KNOW that the time is NOT that accurate. I have been told by others
locally that the time NEEDS to be within a two-minute window or the log
could be rejected for inaccuracy. I am wondering how true this is?

James W8ISS
=====