Re: [VHFcontesting] a new Strategy for home and club stations

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] a new Strategy for home and club stations
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 09:24:06 -0500
I'ver never done this yet but I've occasionbally thought of calling a pizza
place 15 miles away with my cell phone when I'm on a hilltop and ordering a
pizza.

I can imagine the response - "You want it delivered WHERE?"
:-)

Seriously, I usually carry a cell phone with me when I'm more than about 10
miles away from home. A couple months ago I was out taking some pictures and
got stuck in the mud on a Sunday evening. It was bad enough I had to call a
tow truck on a Sunday evening, but without the phone I would've just ended
up sleeping in the car that night.

I don't have a GPS unit. If I ever do Roving seriously, I'll definitely need
one.

73, Zack W9SZ