Re: [VHFcontesting] a new Strategy for home and club stations

To: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] a new Strategy for home and club stations
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 08:32:37 -0700
On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 09:24:06AM -0500, Zack Widup wrote:
> I'ver never done this yet but I've occasionbally thought of calling a pizza
> place 15 miles away with my cell phone when I'm on a hilltop and ordering a
> pizza.
>
> I can imagine the response - "You want it delivered WHERE?"
> :-)

As a student at the University of Texas, we were once operating the ARRL
November Sweepstakes and successfully got a pizza delivery guy to bring us
pizza at the shack.  The directions were something like: "it's the building
at the northeast corner of the intersection, but there's two buildings
at that corner and you want the easternmost one.  You need to take the
elevator up to the top floor, that's level four, and then take the
roof access stairs at the eastern end of the building up to the roof.
We're in the penthouse on the other end of the roof - the one with a
radio tower next to it.  Just follow the boardwalk, but mind the loose
boards."  That only worked once :-)

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com