[VHFcontesting] AM-6154 amp - thoughts?

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] AM-6154 amp - thoughts?
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 20:22:04 -0700 (PDT)
I have an opportunity to purchase a ready-to-go AM-6154 (or 6155?) amp for 2m.
I have read up on them a little bit and everything I have found has said they
are quite robust amps. The owner/operator claims 400+w which is right in line
with what I have read up on. It is out of an operational station. The price is
pretty reasonable from what I can tell.

Compared to other options, given the opportunity is there, is there anything I
should be aware of? Or is it really a great opportunity I should take?

There's also several hundred watts available for 6m (home-brew unit) so I might
dive in to that also.

Steve, KC8QVO