Re: [VHFcontesting] AM-6154 amp - thoughts?

To: "'steve d'" <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>, "'VHF Contesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] AM-6154 amp - thoughts?
From: "Dave Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 11:10:10 -0500
If anyone is interested I have three AM6154/ AM6155 that I want to sell. They are all converted (by me). Two are on 144, while the third one is on 222 MHz. They all have good tubes. In fact one of them is brand new and was "donated" by W6PO and it has "Engineering Sample" printed on it. In my experience the AM6155s like to be run at about 300 watts out. Driving them harder just makes them splatter more. You can get more especially on 144 MHz, but I would not push them. They will run at 300 watts all day. I like to describe them as MIL Spec ham gear. Price is $150 each.
73
Dave K1WHS
FN43MJ

-----Original Message----- From: Chet S