Re: [VHFcontesting] 1.2 yagi

Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 1.2 yagi
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 10:48:01 -0500
The most critical elements are the reflector, driven element and first
director. The driven element is the one that has to be built to take the
power.

 As I noted, you can saw off (or construct a shortened version of) the loop
Yagi with as few as half a dozen elements. You can probably do this with
other types of Yagis, too. Since it's not going to be used for long-haul
work, I'm assuming you're not wanting to optimize it much for gain, etc. I
think the 24 element version cost me all of about $40 to build. A shorter
one might cost $15-20 to build.

$250 seems like a lot of money for that one.
:-)

73, Zack W9SZ