Re: [VHFcontesting] UPS with no radio noise???

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, VHF REFLECTOR <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] UPS with no radio noise???
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 23:44:20 -0500
Hazarding a guess, those simple power strips usually use MOV's that clip at
140 volts. They deteriorate with power surges (I've actually taken older
MOV's apart and found them full of microscopic cracks), so it may be your
unit now has MOV's in it that clip at a lower voltage, like 120 volts. That
would certainly do it. I wonder if a brand-new power strip has the problem?

73, Zack W9SZ