[VHFcontesting] 3cx800a 222 amp

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 3cx800a 222 amp
From: Ralph Matheny K8RYU <mathenyr@marietta.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 11:23:01 -0400 (EDT)

I remember reading that there was a K1FO 222 amp using a
single 3xc800a7 tube.  I have tired to get such an amp to
behave without success...cathode circuit problems.

Does anyone know if the K1FO amp description was ever
published?  Does anybody have one of the amps who could
send me a copy of a manual or perhaps photos??

Also looking for a proper grid collet for the thing...
Eimac 720359 ...  anybody know a source?   The grid collet
may be my problem, but I am on my second "hamstyle" version
and getting frustrated.

The 2M version of the thing worked first try....

Thanks..

de K8RYU