[VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706MKIIG HF/VHF/UHF transceiver-$300

To: VHF reflector <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706MKIIG HF/VHF/UHF transceiver-$300
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 09:24:00 -0600
I have for sale an Icom 706MKIIG HF/6m/2m/70cm transceiver. It is in good
condition overall, with a few scratches here and there. This is the model
that does 100 watts on HF and 6m, 50 watts on 2m, and 20 watts on 70cm. It
has DSP as standard, a built in keyer, built in SWR meter, and a faceplate
that can separate from the body for mobile operation.

This rig would be a great way to get on 2m and 70cm SSB for not a lot of
money, and get other bands thrown in as well-although 6m might have some
issues-

There are a few issues with this radio, so I have priced it accordingly.
First, it reads a 3:1 SWR on my 3 element 6m yagi, when other radios
(including another 706MKIIG) show the SWR as a proper 1:1 on that antenna.
It is putting out full power on 6m though. It also was reading a high SWR
on 15m but that seems better now. Other bands seem ok, including 2m and
70cm.

Also, the power button is hard to turn off. You have to push it several
times before it turns off. It seems to turn off easier when the rig warms
up.

This rig is being sold AS-IS as a use it as is or get it fixed. It comes
with power cord, and hand mic.  $300 plus shipping.  I can take
paypal/check/MO.

73 John AF5CC