Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Two Meter Beacon - C6

To: Jim Worsham <w4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Two Meter Beacon - C6
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 00:40:07 -0600
FM DX from the Bahamas is fairly common on the East Coast and into the
Southeastern United States. I’ve logged high band FM stations from the islands,
and have no doubt that propagation on 2 Meters happens often enough to make
reception possible. Tropo into Florida and meteor scatter are also
possibilities.

I’d love to see a CW and WSJT beacon placed on the islands full time.
Certainly, I’d leave a receiver tuned to the frequency a lot of days and nights
to try for it.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-1 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD, Dennon
TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Ray Dees RDS Decoders,
Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop,
Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”