Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contests Rules Discussion and Proposal

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contests Rules Discussion and Proposal
From: Roger - W7TZ <ai7rogerroger@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 11:29:33 -0700
I try very hard to be competitive during contests from a location that is
arguably the worst in the country for vhf and up, in both geography and
population. I'd sure like to see more CW and SSB activity too, but I need
all the tools I can get just to make it worth turning the radio on. I'd
probably whoop, holler and dance in the streets for 50 contacts total on
four bands. So, I'm wondering if a format similar to the International EME
Contest has been considered? An accumulation of points of all the scheduled
vhf & up contests, Sprints included (minus specific eme contests).
Categories of Fixed, Portable, Mobile, and QRP. Individual activity logs
can still be submitted for publication with a running tally culminating in
end of year awards. And as far as points are concerned, I don't see it
being necessary to change the current system. But, if you wanted to level
the playing field across the country, incorporate a calculation based on
the inverse of the electoral college developed per grid established at the
beginning of the contest year.
Just me thinking outside the box.

73, Roger
W7TZ