Re: [VHFcontesting] Smaller 222 amplifier

To: Detrick Merz <detrick@merzhaus.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Smaller 222 amplifier
From: Jeff Townsend <wb8lyj@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 22:03:58 -0500
You might also want to think outside of the contests as well so don’t discount
the options above 100w.
You can always turn it down for the contests.

If you go out for grid or state activations for others you may need more.
If you go out during meteor showers extra watts will also help.

Jeff
WB8LYJ/R

> On Feb 4, 2021, at 5:59 PM, Detrick Merz <detrick@merzhaus.org> wrote:
>
> Wow, a lot more responses than I had ever hoped for! I expected I would
> just get an idea or three to research over the next few months, and instead
> got many many ideas and offers to wade through. And thank you for checking
> my math, Rover Limited does indeed only allow 100W on 222, not 200W.
>
> 73,
>
> -detrick
> K4IZ
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2021, 07:55 Detrick Merz <detrick@merzhaus.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I keep thinking about adding 222 to my Rover Limited setup. The route I am
>> planning would use a KX3 and transverter.
>>
>> I keep coming up short on an amplifier. Getting 1000+ watts seems
>> relatively easy, and expensive. The class limits me to 200W.
>>
>> Any suggestions for a amplifier appropriate to my class?
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> -detrick
>> K4IZ

Jeff Townsend