[VHFcontesting] digital

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] digital
From: Drew Arnett <arnett.drew@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 23:37:23 +0000
I was curious as to how much effort our multi-multi Field Day team
should put in on digital (on HF).  I grabbed summary data from the
last 20 years from the results articles.  See the PDF with plots:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19K_6t-HKbo8f984qUUe4q3NKYO7sgsQ8/view?usp=sharing

Fun to see trends prior to FT, the FT phenomenon, as well as the COVID-19 bump.

Looks like FT bit into both CW and phone, but more phone.  Given that
the VHF contest QSOs were mostly phone, the FT impact should be
greater than for FD.

I should add entries and participants.  The trends there are interesting, too.

Best regards,

Drew
n7da

ps.  If folks want a digital free VHF+ contest, why wait for the ARRL?
 Just organize something.