Re: [VHFcontesting] Radios Used For 222MHz

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Radios Used For 222MHz
From: "n2jmh@frontiernet.net" <n2jmh@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 01:30:05 +0000 (UTC)
 Chris,
222 is a lot of fun and even though I usually have a conflict on Tuesday
evening activity night I do still try to get on and make a decent amount of
contacts from western ny. FN12bw.
I use a q5 5 band transverter and an icom 7610 for an IF radio. They work nice
together. Antennas are a pair of directive 16 element one above the other and
they work well. Owner of that company is a super nice guy. ;o)
If you can find a Harris channel 13 surplus amp they work great, some slight
connector mods, add some cooling and a low pass filter and you have 800 out for
25 in all day long. I’ve had mine in service for a couple years. You will need
a 50 volt power supply same as the larcan amps.
Good luck in your quest and congrats on retirement coming up, mine is in 7
months but who’s counting.
73 Jim n2jmh
    On Wednesday, September 7, 2022, 07:15:46 PM EDT, CHRISTOP PATTERSON