[WriteLog] Trouble with SB and v10.23

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Trouble with SB and v10.23
From: ea3gip@pobox.com (Fidel Leon)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 00:09:49 +0100

        I am not sure if there was the same trouble with former versions, but I
have noted it now.

        I've been using a PK232 for RTTY tests, but recently, I bought a sound
board interface that allows me to work all the new digital modes (the unit
has isolators and so on), without the troubles I got before
(overmodulation, not enough mic drive). It works as a COM PTT interface.

        The unit is attached to COM6, and works very fine with Digipan and
TrueTTY. Anyway, I can't make it work with Writelog!

        I have checked that WL actually makes audio and captures it, as I
attached my speakers and the RYRYRYRY is there... but my rig isn't keyed
(IC-756 with VOX ON, the same configuration that works with Digipan and
TrueTTY), and it's funny, as it should be keyed simply with the audio
coming from the sound card!

        WL doesn't key too in SSB mode, and as before, audio comes from the
audio
card.

        Any advice would be appreciated! Pressing the MIC PTT by hand isn't that
funny hi! 73,

Fidel Leon - EA3GIP
ea3gip@pobox.com