[WriteLog] Info

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Info
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:38:47 -0000
This is in my web site, but there are a couple of items here:

1. WriteLog will correctly interpret UTC from you PC's clock, even if it is
set to local time. Even correctly accounting for changes due to Daylight
Savings Time (I don't know how, it's very smart...).

2. If, however, you want your PC to be on UTC time ALL the time (like for
your logging program so you don't have to adjust for Daylight Savings,
offsets, etc.), then you need to get to the Windows time setting screen. In
the dialog box where you set your time zone (Central, Eastern, etc.), select
Monrovia. They are on UTC and they don't use daylight savings time.

CU...Scot, K9JY

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site http://www.k9jy.com

mailto:scot@k9jy.com