[WriteLog] Computer for RTTY use, Gateway Profile- W98 vs. WinME?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Computer for RTTY use, Gateway Profile- W98 vs. WinME?
From: n3oc@wirelessinc.com (n3oc@wirelessinc.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:54:57 GMT
ME and Writelog work fine on my 1ghz P3 laptop.  I have detected
no ME related problems, yet. hi.

I would look the sound chip and it's interface over very carefully.

Try to find a laptop that has a speaker out, a line in, and a mic in.
That's 3 jacks on the back.  Some do not have all three.  The one I
got only had a line out and a mic in... very weak but with some creative
interfacing it too works with writelog.  But much easier if you make
sure it has all three.

73, Brian N3OC