[WriteLog] Serial numbers..

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Serial numbers..
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:51:20 -0600
--=====================_30046734==_.ALT

Well it did get posted and it was in the help file. I never looked thinging
it was asked since it was not but thanks for informing us all.

At 21:46 10/30/2001, dr wrote:
>Doug,
>
>Under the Setup menu click on the CW/RTTY/SSB messages...
>selection.  Please find
>and click on the HELP box.
>You will find the following line:
>
>The memories have the following special properties if there is a "%" character
>followed by a:
>
>digit n (in the range 1 through 5)
>the current QSO number is substituted for the % when that message is sent. The
>number sent will be preceded by enough "T" characters in Morse (or "0"
>digits in
>RTTY) to ensure that at least n characters are sent in the number. For
>example,
>if the sequence number is one, and there is a "%3" in the F3 field, then
>pressing
>F3 will send "TT1". This is for contests that require a "three digit serial
>number".
>
>I hope that this helps.
>
>Dave KG0US
>

>DougN1@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm a new Writelog user. I believe that I have everything working and
> want to
> > give it a trial run in the Ukrainian this weekend. WL does not have a
> > Ukrainian contest module. I downloaded the module from the third party site
> > and installed it. I have set up my F keys, however, I don't see my serial
> > number being sent. I also tried with the SARTG contest which has the same
> > exchange requirements. Same result.
> >
> > HELP says: "The field labeled SEQ in the Entry window shows you the serial
> > number that WL will send as a RTTY message and record it in the log as the
> > transmitted serial number."
> >
> > Yes, the SEQ number increments up one for each QSO logged. Most rules
> require
> > a three digit number starting with 001.  SEQ does not do that, at least not
> > until 100.
> >
> > It appears that I am missing something in my exchange message that will
> > include the serial number.
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.....Doug  K6HGF

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_30046734==_.ALT

Well it did get posted and it was in the help file. I never looked
thinging it was asked since it was not but thanks for informing us
all.<br><br>
At 21:46 10/30/2001, dr wrote:<br>
Under the Setup menu click on the CW/RTTY/SSB messages...
selection.&nbsp; Please find<br>
and click on the HELP box.<br>
You will find the following line:<br><br>
The memories have the following special properties if there is a
&quot;%&quot; character<br>
followed by a:<br><br>
digit n (in the range 1 through 5)<br>
the current QSO number is substituted for the % when that message is
sent. The<br>
number sent will be preceded by enough &quot;T&quot; characters in Morse
(or &quot;0&quot; digits in<br>
RTTY) to ensure that at least n characters are sent in the number. For
example,<br>
if the sequence number is one, and there is a &quot;%3&quot; in the F3
field, then pressing<br>
F3 will send &quot;TT1&quot;. This is for contests that require a
&quot;three digit serial<br>
number&quot;.<br><br>
I hope that this helps.<br><br>
Dave KG0US<br><br>
DougN1@aol.com wrote:<br><br>
&gt; Hi all,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I'm a new Writelog user. I believe that I have everything working
and want to<br>
&gt; give it a trial run in the Ukrainian this weekend. WL does not have
a<br>
&gt; Ukrainian contest module. I downloaded the module from the third
party site<br>
&gt; and installed it. I have set up my F keys, however, I don't see my
serial<br>
&gt; number being sent. I also tried with the SARTG contest which has the
same<br>
&gt; exchange requirements. Same result.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; HELP says: &quot;The field labeled SEQ in the Entry window shows you
the serial<br>
&gt; number that WL will send as a RTTY message and record it in the log
as the<br>
&gt; transmitted serial number.&quot;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Yes, the SEQ number increments up one for each QSO logged. Most
rules require<br>
&gt; a three digit number starting with 001.&nbsp; SEQ does not do that,
at least not<br>
&gt; until 100.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; It appears that I am missing something in my exchange message that
will<br>
&gt; include the serial number.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Any help will be appreciated.<br>