[WriteLog] W9XT card and memories

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W9XT card and memories
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:29:31 EST
--part1_92.2013a5da.297b06fb_boundary

In a message dated 1/19/2002 8:49:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jtolbert@gremlan.org writes:

> Any way to use this card with writelog? I understand that F1-F4 on the card
> migrate to F3-F6 but whats up with that? That means you can't use the INS
> or
> + keys to log and send message....or can you? Anybody find a way?

My W9XT card works okay with WriteLog but it has its problems. It does move
the memories to F3-F6, but you can go into Writelog.ini and map which
functions go to which keys. You program it just like you do in NA or CT,
Shift + the appropriate F key.
The bad news. WriteLog does not sense when W9XT is finished so the PTT
function doesn't work and my WX0B SO2R box does not mute when using the F
keys and W9XT. Also, I have never been able to use more than 3 of the F keys
because the memories run together.

You will get a bunch of email telling you to scrap W9XT and use the sound
card. I didn't have any luck with mine so I'm limping along.

Tom, K5RC

--part1_92.2013a5da.297b06fb_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=2
FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial Rounded MT Bold" LANG="0"><B>In a message dated
1/19/2002 8:49:32 AM Pacific Standard Time, jtolbert@gremlan.org writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2
FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Any way to use this card with writelog? I
understand that F1-F4 on the card<BR>
migrate to F3-F6 but whats up with that? That means you can't use the INS or<BR>
+ keys to log and send message....or can you? Anybody find a way?<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2
FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial Rounded MT Bold" LANG="0"><B><BR>
My W9XT card works okay with WriteLog but it has its problems. It does move the
memories to F3-F6, but you can go into Writelog.ini and map which functions go
to which keys. You program it just like you do in NA or CT, Shift + the
appropriate F key. <BR>
The bad news. WriteLog does not sense when W9XT is finished so the PTT function
doesn't work and my WX0B SO2R box does not mute when using the F keys and W9XT.
Also, I have never been able to use more than 3 of the F keys because the
memories run together.<BR>
<BR>
You will get a bunch of email telling you to scrap W9XT and use the sound card.
I didn't have any luck with mine so I'm limping along.<BR>
<BR>
Tom, K5RC</B></FONT></HTML>

--part1_92.2013a5da.297b06fb_boundary--