[WriteLog] Alternate CQ on 2 radios and other SO2R relatedquestions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Alternate CQ on 2 radios and other SO2R relatedquestions
From: jeflanders@comcast.net (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Mon Feb 10 10:51:01 2003
At 13:37 2/10/03 +0100, zoltan.pitman@vodafone.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a few questions about SO2R with WL:
>
>- Is it possible to get automatically alternated CQ's between the two radios
>(like CT's ALTERNATE command) ?

If you run two computers you can set both to repeat at same interval, then
stagger them. Works for many cycles.
Using two computers has several advantages.

><SNIP>
>
>- Is it possible to get a fully CT compatible control key definition (like
>ALT-. to switch between radios)

I have mine set up to have CT compatibility for the common keys I use most
(F1, "insert", "+", and "enter"). This allows me to practice CW with PED,
operate basic CT-like CW with WL. I haven't done a high-volume CW contest
yet with it - just S&P. Seemed to work OK, though. I have posted this
buffer/ini_file configuration on this reflector 1-2 months ago.

<SNIP>

73

Jerry W4UK