[WriteLog] Save is Slow with large logs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Save is Slow with large logs
From: ak8b@brightdsl.net (Bruce Ferry)
Date: Wed Mar 5 19:43:37 2003
If only I had your problem ...

Well, looking at the other responses here's what I think I'd do:

1. Setup an "extra" logging computer on the network that just does the
saves every 10 (or 20 or whatever) QSOs that is not involved with actual
contesting. No big deal if it takes a while.

2. Set the run computers up for a very large autosave interval and then
do it on demand once in a while when things get slow (if they do).