[WriteLog] virus!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] virus!
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Wed Jul 2 12:44:51 2003
I agree with John. We don't need these "the sky is falling"
announcements every few days.
First, you should be aware of the nature of computer viruses. As AD1C
commented, many of them spoof an address present in infected
computer's address book. More often than not, they don't come from
the documented source.
Second, you should be running an anti-virus program, so it doesn't
matter what arrives in your mailbox. It's taken care of
automatically.
Third, if you are so concerned, send an email to the suspected
source, not the hundreds on the reflector.
73,
Barry W2UP