[WriteLog] Wrong Frequency (Sub Band) Logged with IC756

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Wrong Frequency (Sub Band) Logged with IC756
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Mon Aug 4 16:40:49 2003
Barry,

I think this is a fault with the 756proII, not with Writelog. When I
manually set a split, the radio reports out the frequency of the active VFO
(which ever one I have selected) and does not report to Writelog that it is
really in split mode (I see no command to just read the state of "split").
So a qso gets the same frequency logged for Rx and Tx because as far as
Writelog is concerned that is true. Now when I tell Writelog to command
split, now writelog knows that it has to read the frequency from both vfos
and that they are being used for the same qso and it records the
frequencies correctly.

So it is operator choice. Set split manually and correct the Rx freqency or
let Writelog set the split.

Jerry, W6IHG