Re: [WriteLog] LPT

To: Guillermo Vazquez <xe1zw@xe1zw.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] LPT
From: Rick Tavan <tavan@tibco.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 14:44:07 -0800
Win 2000 won't use LPT unless you load a special driver. I used one called Userport that is available for free at http://www.embeddedtronics.com/design&ideas.html <http://www.embeddedtronics.com/design&ideas.html>. There is some advice on using it on the Writelog website at http://www.writelog.com/support/lpt_port_support_on_windows_nt.htm that worked for me. I installed Userport on my Win 2000 machine and I get good keying using the same LPT interface that I use with trlog and CT. However, when there is heavy Internet activity on my machine, the CW occasionally stutters. I have been told that this is less pronounced with serial port keying or with the W5XD external keyer but I have not yet tried them.

/Rick N6XI

Guillermo Vazquez wrote:

I am new user in writelog. I am trying with setup window I want to use LPT for CW output to the trasmiter but all LPT options are grayed.(not available) Also in tools windows CW is greyed

Using Windows XP and also tested in windows 2000 and ME with
same problem.

Microsoft(Mexico) said me that there are not problem to data transmition with
XP or 2000 in LPTs ports.

Then...What am I doing wrong. ????

as a note....I use DX4WIN output CW for LPT with no problem at all in XP neither 2000

Thanks in advance
XE1ZW
Bill