[WriteLog] Networking Issue Part II (Making Progress) I think

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Networking Issue Part II (Making Progress) I think
From: Brian Sarkisian <cqkg8co@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
I have been working on the networking situation, and
have taken the suggestions of keeping everything
simple.

Station 1 is called A  Win ME
Station 2 is called B  Win 95
Station 3 is called C  Win XP

Everything is in CAPS

As it was in the beginning stations A and B work
together fine, and the issue is still with station C
the XP machine.

When I ask the Computer C the XP machine to link to
station A or even B for that matter, a network
password request box pops up on the Win ME and Win (5
machine.

The box says "You must supply a password to make this
connection".

After that here is what in the box....

Computer Name: C
Application: WLognet
User: A
Domain: MSHOME
Password:  Is blank and I not sure what to put in
there or how to disable that function.

It looks like the XP machine is requesting this
information.

As I had mentioned before ... all of the computers see
one another under Windows Explorer and can share
files.

Thank You

Brian, KG8CO