Re: [WriteLog] Writelog not seeing IC-706MKII - Help Please

To: "David Shipman" <davidshipman@shaw.ca>,"Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog not seeing IC-706MKII - Help Please
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:15:20 -0800
Having a similar problem here.  No USB to Serial converter involved.  Using
a Rigblaster Plus and the IC-17 Level Converter.  Dxbase 2003 can
communicate with the 706MKII and vice versa, but no communication between
Writelog (10.48F) and the 706MKII.  My 756Pro, currently off the bench
and into Icom for service, communicates with Writelog just fine using
default CI-V values.

I notice that Writelog only has one selection for the IC-706 in the drop
down menu in the Setup/Ports section.  There are no selections for the
various flavors - 706, 706MKII and 706MKIIG.  Dxbase has a radios.ini file
that shows IC-706=0x48 and IC-706MK2=0x4e.  I've tried all variations of
these rig names and addresses in the [RIGS] section of writelog.ini and
still no joy.

Com 2 selected for rig control and baud rates set to 9600 all around.  The
bandmap responds to Alt-F1 and Alt-F2 keys to change bands, but the
radio does not respond.  Can scroll the bandmap with the mousewheel, but
radio does not follow.

Why does the 756Pro work correctly and the 706 doesn't?