[WriteLog] WRITELOG AND DELL INSPIRON 1150 NOTEBOOK

To: Writelog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WRITELOG AND DELL INSPIRON 1150 NOTEBOOK
From: John and Mary Powell <zl1bhq@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:44:08 +1300
I have recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1150 2.6ghz with USB Comm Ports only.
At that time I acquired a USB Multifunction Hub that allows for Serial and LPT
access to the Notebook. I am able to poll a Rockwell 56k modem and print from
the LPT port, but am unable have the rig (a FT1K Field) handshake with the
Inspiron in Writelog mode.
Is there another alternative to allow Serial and Parallel Port access through
either USB Port. I am using LPT keying and have the Serial Port dedicated for
rig control. In short are there any adaptors that will individually allow
Serial and LPT Port access from either one, or both USB Ports.
Any assistance will be very much appreciated, otherwise it is back to the
AMD3/450 setup !.
Thanks in advance.
73
John Powell. ZL1BHQ