Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog/WinKey

To: <writelog@contesting.com>, <g3sjj@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog/WinKey
From: "D. Drake" <aa1qd@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:54:28 -0500
Chris,

    This sounds a lot like the kinds of problems I've been having as well.
We exchanged emails on this subject earlier in the month.  I have been in
contact with K1EL concerning the problem. He is interested in working with
the Writelog programmer to get to the bottom of this. Apparently Writelog
didn't contact him before implementing WinKey support, which K1EL didn't
mind. He indicated that he thinks that with some cooperative exchange of
information between them the problem can be worked out OK.

    Do you use WinKey with any other logging programs and if so are you
seeing any problems interfacing with them?  I did read a response to my
last post from W5XD indicating that he believes the problem to be external
to Writelog.

    I've been a faithful user of Writelog for quite some time. I was
feeling pretty frustrated when I sent my last post after struggling with it
through ARRL DX CW last weekend so I think my post read a bit like a flamer
(sri). I hope it gets squared away or I can get some confirmation that the
problem is in fact external to Writelog and I'll know what to work on at my
end.

Dale AA1QD