Re: [WriteLog] USB to Serial Adapter

To: "'Mike McIlheran K0MWM'" <k0mwm@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] USB to Serial Adapter
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 20:23:36 -0800
I use the Edgeport/4 which is an industrial-grade adapter retailing for over
$300, but surplus on eBay for around $30.  It has 4 Serial ports and has
been flawless in CW, RTTY, rig control, TNC control.  I've used it with
Windows XP and Windows 7.  It is bullet-proof.

There are a number of other single-Serial port adapters in the $20-30 range
that have proven solid as well.  Search this reflector archive and the RTTY
reflector archive for specific recommendations.

Ed - W0YK