[Yaesu] FT-1000MP Menu

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP Menu
From: Dick Merryman <dicko@wormhole.com> (Dick Merryman)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 18:54:21 -0500
>  From: Dj6rx@aol.com, on 11/7/96 3:18 PM:
>  (very soon I expect a warning that this is not the YAESU forum!)
>
>  Here is how to reach the 9-x menu section.
>
>  1. Switch off the radio
>  2. press and hold FAST + LOCK
>  3. POWER ON while holding FAST + LOCK
>  4. Press FAST + ENTER to get into the menu
>  5. Turn MEM/VFO CH  to get to 9-x
>  6. Check 9-9 it may show 11 or uSA
>  7. Turn the VFO-knob to make the dial read GEn
>  8. Press Ent
>
>  Now you can transmit on 11meters or on 8.2MHz or MARS   etc etc
>  This setting does NOT change the spurious chracteristics!
>
>  Isn't that a great rig? You can have mine with all filters, AC/PS + TCO-4
>  for DM 5000.-  plus shipping (Hi)
>
>  Thank you all for your helpfull comments and for all the mail trying to
cheer
>  me
>  up.  I'm glad the info about that particular problem was spread and many
>  (maybe even YAESU)  are aware of it.
>

>  73 / Klaus

For a good time select menu 9-5 a move the main tuning dial.  This is a cpu
test and it also exercises all of the lamps.  Its really some programmer's idea
of a good time.  Pour a glass of wine, turn out all of the room lights and
select menu 9-5  : - )

73, de n3xru

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html