[Yaesu] 990 'feedback' w/12 V supply

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 990 'feedback' w/12 V supply
From: bdenton@tenet.edu (Bill Morris Denton)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 16:49:09 -0600 (CST)
I'm not sure I have the same problem, but I also hear my distorted voice in
the speaker and also in headphones but not as loud. I don't have an ac supply.
It is the DC model. Mine is about a month old and it WAS a problem on
sweepstakes.  Ive mostly operated it on cw contest. This was the first
serious
ssb it's done but I did noticed it before in some casual qso's. I also
disconnected all the external connections with the exception of the
DVS-2. At one point it was real loud and also was getting distorted audio
reports.  My problem could be different. I thought it was rf getting
into the aduio.  I use several ladder line fed antenns through tuners.
Don't have that problem with the TS-830's
Boy I love that radio.  Still hve one.

Bill Denton WA5DWX.