[Yaesu] DVS-2 Over-modulation

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] DVS-2 Over-modulation
From: N3SL@aol.com (N3SL@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 16:12:20 -0500
Have DVS-2 and FT1000D.  Everything works fine except the DVS-2 output is
super hot and over modulates the rig.  (I guess the other possibility is that
the output itself is distorted.)  Mic gain setting has no effect until it is
so low I have essentially no audio out when using the mic (like 8 o'clock
position or so).  Anyone know of what I can check or what can be adjusted?
 Have opened up the DVS-2, and no pots that I can see.  Nor do I see a pot in
the circuit within the 1000.  Any help is appreciated.

Steve, N3SL

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html
Problems:                 ke7gh@contesting.com