[Yaesu] FT-50 Mods

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-50 Mods
From: vk6apk@eon.net.au (Alek Petkovic)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:40:00 +0800
Has anybody tried and succeeded with the extended transmit mod using the
ADMS-1c software. According to the blurb, it will allow the FT-50 to
transceive up to 500MHz.

I would dearly like it to operate at around 476MHz which is the Australian
UHF CB band. 70 cm is virtually unused in this country. UHF CB radio on the
other hand has many thousands of users and many hundreds of repeaters all
over the country.

I downloaded the procedure from the barc and qrz ftp sites but neither of
them work at all and they are a bit ambiguous. I have successfully
completed the solder blob mod and that gets me to around 470MHz but not the
extra 6 or 7 MHz that I want.

Any suggestions? Can anyone please help?

73 to all,
de Alek. VK6APK