[Yaesu] 1000MP - Decreased Signal Strength on Low Bands

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 1000MP - Decreased Signal Strength on Low Bands
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 13:19:59 +0000
K3MM wrote:

>You SHOULD see a decrease in sensitivity on frequencies below 7 mhz in TUNED
>mode.  TUNED mode on the low frequencies kicks in a higher dynamic
>range/lower sensitivity preamp.

Like K4ZW, I feel as if my MP is a bit deaf on the lower bands with the tuned
front end.

When flat, I feel as if my MP is a bit deaf on the higher bands.

I've recently added an IC-765 to the station & although there was nothing I
couldn't hear on one rig versus the other, the 765 has helped convince me
that something wasn't right with my MP - it is a tad deaf as described above.

Previously, I wondered if I'd smoked something in the bandpass filter section
running SO2R (my LF antenna was just a few meters away from the HF
antenna & on HF I use the same multi-band quad for both rigs - a rather
extreme situation as I only have Dunestar filters).

Now I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps some are like this & some are not...
as I'd expect somebody else to have noticed by now.  Either that, or Ken &
I are imagining things.

73, 4X/VR2BrettGraham

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/yaesu