[Yaesu] RE: FT-101E problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] RE: FT-101E problem
From: k4ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:33:27 -0500

The "brown" wire shorted the input to the driver stage in the
11 Meter (AUX) bandswitch position to prevent the FT-101E from
transmitting on 11 meters.

If, for example, one were to replace the 11 Meter crystal with
one for 12 Meters, it would be necessary to cut the brown wire
to enable transmit on 12 Meters.

As I recall, it was possible to enable 30, 17 and 12 Meters on
the FT-101E with a little work (WWV/JJY was 10 Meters, AUX
became 17 Meters, and 11 became 12 Meters).  Inrad
(www.qth.com/inrad) may still have the crystals and instructions
originally distributed by Fox Tango.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK