[Yaesu] [YCCC] FT-1000MP display gone

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] [YCCC] FT-1000MP display gone
From: n2mg@eham.net (Michael Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 20:46:48 -0400
I'd like to thank all those who gave me help. I did finally find the "reset"
info (buried on the page called out in the TOC as the page for adjusting the
torque on the main knob). And, go figure, three different resets!  Of
course, none of them helped.

However at least three of you suggested the "backlight" supply.  Being
adventurous, I started disassembling the radio (without the service manual
which is on order - c'mon, I just bought this radio!) and lo and behold,
Yaesu put the inverter circuit right where it belongs - on the display-side
of the "EMI firewall" behind the front panel so it was easy to find.  One of
the emails I received suggested I look at the thermal fuse and sure enough,
TF1 was open as suspected.  Bravo!

Since the TF is in series with a regular fuse, I felt safe shorting it
temporarily and voila, the display came back to life.  So, maybe I can jury
rig it and use it this w/e for WRTC, um, I mean IARU.

73 Mike N2MG