[Yaesu] FT-920 performance

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-920 performance
From: fanning@hiwaay.net (Mike and Alicia Fanning)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:44:42 -0500
Does anybody have opinions on the performance of the FT-920 as a =
contesting/DXing rig?  It looks like a lot of bang for the buck, but I =
have not had the opportunity to use one in person yet.  What kind of =
experience do the Yaesu owners have out there?  I am particularly =
interested in hearing how the radio performs on CW with QSK enabled.  I =
understand that the INRAD filters are the way to go.  Do FT-920 users =
see having only one IF to install filters in as a limitation?  How is =
the voice quality of the voice keyer?

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---