[Yaesu] FT-8500 and APRS

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-8500 and APRS
From: nwtcc@earthlink.net (James C. Hall, MD)
Date: Wed Jun 11 19:52:25 2003
Hello:

Has anybody with the great dual-band radio FT-8500 noticed that it
doesn't hear very well on the APRS frequency of 144.390 MHz ??  It does
fine on local repeater frequencies, but I have compared receive on APRS
with an FT-847 and an older Kenwood dual bander TM-721A and both hear
the packets better than the '8500 using the same antenna.  I really
love the '8500 - wonder if there is anything that might be done to
improve the receive characteristics, or is my rig faulty and in need of
realignment ?

73, Jamie
WB4YDL