[Yaesu] FT-101 Re-Tube Project

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-101 Re-Tube Project
From: sbbloom69@yahoo.com (Stuart Bloom)
Date: Wed Jun 11 11:19:33 2003
Hi,
My FT-101E finals are finally dieing.  I have the 6146
tubes to do the finals conversion, and I have the QST
article to do the work.

Anyone have a spare pair of 6146 tube sockets they
want to sell?  Or, can I get them from someone like
Antique Radio Supply?

A friend of mine here in NM found a kit someone put
together a few years ago (it had the tubes, sockets,
and the new components).  He had a tech friend do the
conversion.  He is very happy with the results.

Although I have a fresh set of 6JS6C tubes, I'm going
to save them for my Temp One.  My FT-101E is not
museum quality, so I'm not afraid the mess with it.

Also, I just acquired an early FTdx-400.  It is
missing a set of knobs.  This is on the clarifier
control.  It is a duplex, inner and outer control, so
I need the outer metal blade type ring with the
aligning flat and the inner shaft, black plastic knob
with the set screw.  Any ideas on where I can get
these?

Stu
KD5HVO