Re: [Yaesu] WD4IVC's net on 3.975mhz

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] WD4IVC's net on 3.975mhz
From: "Brian Carling" <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 07:16:46 -0400
On 28 Aug 2003 at 8:14, Joseph Dube wrote:

> I did a war when I was 20
> years
> old so everyone would have the right to say what they felt they had
> to.

Did you "do a war" so that they could yell "Fire!" in a crowded theatre when
there
wasn't one?

Just a thought!

I think that there may be some laws against hate speech, inciting to riot etc.

However, I would agree on one thing - if there is any doubt, let the FIrst
Amendment have the day.  We are seeing that the 1st is VERY much up for
debate in our courts and in law enforcement these days though, so just telling
her
to turn the dial could be the same as telling people to turn a blind eye while
a crime
is being committed (if indeed a crime was being committed.) I haven't listened
the goons, but knowing what the Kluck Kluck Klowns stand for, I am
sure that they are probably pushing the envelope of what is legal.

Now, doesn't she have the free speech right to speak out against them?  Didn't
you fight for her rights too?

Now can we get back to Yaesu discussions?