[Yaesu] WD4IVC's net on 3.975mhz

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] WD4IVC's net on 3.975mhz
From: "Joseph Dube" <jdube@peoplepc.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:14:42 -0400
Ms Maher
    Although alot of what Mr. Harper is saying on the air and writing in his
website maybe objectionalble in your eyes but trying to raise and army and
crusade against him  also lacks the good judgement on your part.  He
has a right to speak about most topics that he cares to on the radio.
Because you don't like the subject matter there are several things that you
CAN do about it.  The first being just slide the dial of your radio to
another frequency.  I don't think that you are locked on 3.975 both of those
evenings.  The other thing you could do is shut the radio off all together.
That way you won't have to hear it at all.  I did a war when I was 20 years
old so everyone would have the right to say what they felt they had to.
Fact is there was alot of people were exercising that very right all the time I
was overseas.  I may not necessarily have agree with what Mr. HArper has to say
or how he says it but I am
bound  to defend his right !  As far as hiswebsite goes , the  Supreme Court
of this country we all live in has ruled
that the writings and communications over the internet are off limits to
every government regulating body because of the same 1st amendment right of
free speech.  I suggest that you travel around the internet a bit and you will
find that a lot worse out there.  If this is not satisfactory maybe you
should try your own suggestion of leaving radio for a while.  Then you can take
a real
good look around you and find out what is really going on out there!

Joe KK4TR

---