[Yaesu] Re: Mark V Field Power Output IMD Specs

To: "'a Yaesu E-Group'" <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: Mark V Field Power Output IMD Specs
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 20:18:37 -0400
> The data on the components and configuration of the Field PA
> is interesting.  Does anyone have similar information for the
> Mk V?  I am not at home right now and I have not had mine
> very long.  I'd be interested in finding out the type and
> number of PA transistors, optimum power for each one with
> regard to low IMD ... the sort of data that's been given here
> for the Field just now.

The FT-1000MP/MKV uses a pair of Phillips BLF-147 FETs rated
at 150 watts each.

The complete datasheet is:
      http://www.platan.ru/pdf/1dist/philips/BLF147_3.pdf

In class AB, third order products are less than -40 dB from
approximately 50 Watts to 115 Watts per transistor (100 to
230 Watts for the pair) and remain less that -35 dB to 145
Watts per transistor.  Fifth order products remain below
-35 dB through 180 Watts per device with a minimum of -42 dB
at 120 to 140 Watts.

In summary, at rated output the MKV has approximately 6dB
less IMD than the Field when the Field is operated as designed
and up to 10 dB lower IMD than a Field operated at 150 Watts!

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK