Re: [Yaesu] FT1000mp scanning VFO @ startup (heating up problem)

To: "ON4AOI" <on4aoi@skynet.be>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000mp scanning VFO @ startup (heating up problem)
From: "Cecil Acuff" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:24:31 -0500
Without looking at the schematic I don't know where to expect the problem
would be except in the frequency selecting elements of the circuitry.
Personally I would let the radio stabilize with the covers off then hit
various areas with a can of freeze spray.  That should allow you to locate
the offending component quickly.  I've done this in the past with freeze
spray and a small component heater (looks like a small blow dryer) many
problems have been identified and solved.

Cecil...