Re: [Yaesu] Carry-on rigs and the TSA

To: <nn4t@comcast.net>, <yaesu@contesting.com>, <ynkedragon@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Carry-on rigs and the TSA
From: "B Peter Treml" <k8pt@chartermi.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 16:37:47 -0400
I agree with Blair and others. Carry it on and don't worry about TSA.
However, no one has mentioned the important piece. That is coming back into
the country.
If Customs pulls you over you better have the Customs Form 4457 and signed
by a customs officer BEFORE you leave the country.
Before leaving your overseas trip (I assume that's what is happening here),
you take all the equipment that you are leaving with which has a serial
number. Customs will have you fill out the form. They will verify serial
numbers and sign your form. This proves that you owned the equipment BEFORE
you left the country and didn't purchase it overseas because if you did they
will extract $$ from you.
Bon Voyage
Pete-K8PT