[Yaesu] FT-1000D 500hz filter no receive

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D 500hz filter no receive
From: AB2E Darrell <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 22:14:53 -0400
Hi Everyone,
     I have an FT-1000D I just received. Everything seems fine, except when I
press the 500hz filter for the main receiver, there is nothing on receive. The
250hz and 2.0, 2.4 hz all work fine.

I'll be opening the case up to install a couple of mods in the coming days, so
can check the filter then.
Has anyone had this problem? Sounds like the filter might have worked its way
loose during shipping? Also, would it behave this way if the 500hz filter had
been removed (ie nothing in that slot)?

Thanks and 73,
Darrell AB2E